Family Photos - we all know they're a part of the wedding day, but what does that part actually look like?
To go hand-in-hand with our last post, we wanted to address another of our most frequently asked questions to help your wedding planning go as smoothly as possible! This time we'll be looking at the [we know, sometimes dreaded] Family Photos.
HOW DO I MAKE A PHOTO LIST?" "WHO SHOULD BE IN PICTURES?
*Every family is different, and we love to help tailor your family photos to fit your family! These lists are meant to be a starting point rather than a one size fits all, and can be adapted to fit any family dynamic: Divorced or separated parents (whether they get along or not!), step parents, step siblings, same sex couples, couples with children of their own, etc. We hope these lists will provide you with both an example of how our lists are made, and show the pictures we think capture the core of your relationship with those closest to you.
The Bride's Side
- Bride + Mom
- Bride + Dad
- Bride + Mom & Dad
- Bride & Groom + Mom & Dad
- Bride + Mom, Dad, and siblings
- Bride & Groom + Mom, Dad, siblings & spouses/children (some like to add Grandparents to this grouping and take another photo)
- Bride + Siblings (can do individual photos with each sibling too)
- Bride + Maternal Grandparents
- Bride & Groom + Maternal Grandparents
- Bride + Paternal Grandparents
- Bride & Groom + Paternal Grandparents
The Groom's Side
- Groom + Mom
- Groom + Dad
- Groom + Mom & Dad
- Groom & Bride + Mom & Dad
- Groom + Mom, Dad, and siblings
- Groom & Bride + Mom, Dad, siblings & spouses/children (some like to add Grandparents to this grouping and take another photo)
- Groom + Siblings (can do individual photos with each sibling too)
- Groom + Maternal Grandparents
- Groom & Bride + Maternal Grandparents
- Groom + Paternal Grandparents
- Groom & Bride + Paternal Grandparents
Other pictures we love!
- Bride & Groom with both sets of parents
- Mom & Dad (and/or individuals!)
- Grandma & Grandpa (and/or individuals!)
- Siblings with their spouse and/or kids
- Bride & Groom with godparents
- Host couple
- Personal Attendants
- Bride & Groom + Officiant
- Extended family photo (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. This photo is most easily taken immediately following the ceremony while everyone is all in one place!)
- A picture with a best friend, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc. whom you're very close to